I started this wreath on a whim after an afternoon walk. We have so many beautiful trees here in the south, but a beautiful Magnolia is one of my favorites! I’ll tell you how I did it here:
1. Gather your leaves off a Magnolia Tree. The bigger leaves work the best, and those with a shiny coat.
2. Gather the leaves in groups of three. As shown below :
3. You can either wire this grouping together or you can hot glue them directly to your wreath base. I used a wire base I got at Walmart, but any base will do fine!
4. Attach the leaves in rows and try to line up the middle leaves, creating a uniform line around the wreath. Of course, nature is perfectly imperfect, so it won’t be exact! It won’t line up perfectly!! But don’t worry! It will still be beautiful 🌿
5. After you’ve completed your rows all the way around your base wreath, you may take extra leaves and fill in any holes or blank spaces. Just glue right on the stem of the leaf and stick it in the hole! Just make sure you line it up correctly with the neighboring leaves.
Enjoy your wreath! I hung mine with a simple burlap ribbon, but the options are endless! Happy Gathering!! 🌱🍃🍁🌿
🌿 Laura & Kim 🌿 September 2018 🌿